Pages

November 21, 2007

Ruffles and rucching and ribbons, oh my!


Ahhhh, another dress cake. I love those. I don't think I'll ever tire of them. There's just something about trying to duplicate the movement and fluidity of fabric. Bridgette's cake of soft pink and chocolate brown did just that. Her dress had the most beautiful rucching, the bridesmaids dresses the most delicious pick ups and, the cake had it all. And oh my did it smell good!

A monogram is always a nice touch and can be used quite easily on a cake. Sugar flowers adorn the top layer and I devilishly added an unexpected sparkle with some crystal initials as well as a gift for the bride and groom. And can I just say that they chose an absolutely beautiful venue; Bellevue Country Club in Syracuse.

Thanks to you both, glad you enjoyed your cake as much as I enjoyed making it!