Pages

July 12, 2008

Simply Beautiful

This morning's wedding cake couldn't have been simpler, and isn't it wonderful how sometimes simple is just stunning? I have often had a bride say to me that her tastes are "plain Jane", I prefer the term "simplistic elegance" don't you?

The bride left absolutely beautiful roses with crystals on the table for me to adorn the cake tiers, and scattered petals for the table. The deep, rich red is the perfect contrast to the subtle off-white of my fondant on this red velvet and white wedding cake. I hope to see pictures of the cutting to see the play on red and white just a little more with their first slice removed from the cake.

Thanks to the couple for letting me be part of their memories...Congratulations Janet and Aaron! and Dillon and Caylob too!